These vegan chocolate chip cookies took months to perfect. They were made to be kept frozen and then baked for any cookiemergency in 10-12 minutes. We developed them during a time when we were selling our amazing vegan Chilean empanadas and wanted to have something sweet to offer. After months of trying different combinations and ingredients, we landed on this recipe.
These cookies have a crispy bite yet a soft center, and a rich chocolatey fudgy feel and flavor. You know when something is too good to be true and has a catch? Well, the catch here is that the dough has to rest overnight in the fridge. But it’s going to be so worth it and you’ll have ready to bake cookies in the freezer for whenever you want.
So let’s get on to making these. The first step is to mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl or as we like to do sometimes – in a Ziploc bag. Then add in the chocolate chips and mix. We use 70% dark chocolate chips (Callebaut), but any dark chocolate chips will work. Now it’s time to mix in all the wet ingredients. Mix just until everything is incorporated. Make sure not to over-mix. Cover your bowl (or close your bag) and keep in the fridge overnight.
After resting overnight in the fridge, the dough should look darker. Take it out, shape into balls with a flat bottom and place them in a container. Put the container in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before baking the cookies or keep them frozen to use later. You can transfer your frozen unbaked cookies into a bag to save space.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes on 175℃ (350℉) with the fan on. Let them cool down before eating. We hope this will become your go-to chocolate chip cookie, let us know in the comments!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 gr white flour
- 100 gr dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 gr dark chocolate chips (we use 70% dark chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup date syrup
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl - white flour, dark brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Add all of the wet ingredients - vegetable oil, water, raw tahini and date syrup. Mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Let the cookie dough rest in the fridge overnight (up to 24 hours).
- Using a tablespoon shape the cookies.
- Place the cookies in a container in one layer and let them rest in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Set the oven to 175℃ (350℉) with the fan on.
- Bake the cookies on a lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes until they're golden brown. Make sure to leave space between the cookies ad they do grow a bit.
- You can make the dough in a Ziploc bag and then it's easy to store in the fridge overnight.
- You can bake the number of cookies you want and leave the rest in the freezer. Next time just take out as many as you want and bake them. You can transfer them from the container into a bag after they're frozen.