The tahini sauce is a staple condiment in Mediterranean cuisine. It has so many different variations and recipes, each family having it’s own version. Family feuds have been known to happen over this issue, similarly to the hummus wars ;).
In general, we use around 4 different tahini recipes, but this lemony tahini sauce is the one we use the most. The high amount of lemon juice makes the tahini a little lighter and fresh, making it ideal for salads, roasted vegetables (like our roasted cauliflower) and as a spread. We love making our cauliflower tahini salad with this recipe, or having some pita bread with tahini and roasted eggplant.
So let’s make it!
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork until it comes together to make a smooth and creamy sauce. It might take a minute or two. That’s it. You’re done. Enjoy.
Lemony Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup raw tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix everything really well with a fork. Keep mixing until it comes together to create a smooth creamy sauce. This might take a minute or two.
- Use in a sandwich, roasted vegetables, salads and so much more!
- If you like your tahini sauce a bit thinner, just add a splash of water (careful not to add too much).
- A great topping for any tahini sauce is chopped parsley. Give it a try!